Sunday, November 20, 2011

Amazing....and a card, too....

The word that describes Breaking Dawn.....AMAZING!  It was everything I thought it would be and more...I have seen it twice now....and I'm anxiously waiting to go see it again....The special effects were spectacular....especially toward the end of the film...It's only 361 days until part 2 comes out and I can't wait!!!  Eek!!

Okay, now that my little Twihard moment is over...haha...I started the Christmas cards last night at the crop.  I decided I am only making 30 handmade cards..  I'm using techniques I learned during my Online Card Class the past few weeks...Used the following products:

  • Ranger Distress Ink: Evergreen Bough, Stormy Sky
  • Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists: Perfect Pearl
  • Hero Arts Watercolor Paper
  • Die-namics Snowflake Trio
  • Kaisercraft Christmas Mini Stamps
  • Memory Box Round Buttons Die
  • Twine
And this is the result.....


Having issues with the camera so this was taken with the cell phone camera.  The colors are better on the card in person.

Working with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of watercolor paper, I embossed the background with the Tim Holtz Sizzix.  Then, I inked the background with the Evergreen Bough and Stormy Sky Distress Inks.  After inking, I spritzed the card heavily with the perfect pearls mist.  The background was then dried with a heat gun.   The snowflake diecut was also spritzed with the pearls mist.  The button diecut was inked with the Stormy Sky ink and threaded with twine.  The banner was handcut out of white cardstock, edges were inked with the Stormy Sky, and 'Merry Christmas' sentiment stamped on it with black archival ink.  The button was layered on top of the snowflake and then adhered with a glue dot to the banner.  Then, the banner was adhered to the background which, in turn, was glued to the embossed background.  The whole assembly is glued to an a2 card using tacky tape.

I hope to keep posting projects on the blog as time allows...Got a busy week ahead....Les Miserables with Raine on Tuesday and then of course, Thanksgiving and a tryptophan nap (hehe) on Thursday....Hope to get a little crafty time in too between stuffing my face and putting up Christmas decorations....

No comments:

Post a Comment