Sunday, August 14, 2011

Missing for the past month...

Well, I have been 'missing' from the blog world for the last month.  I have been a very busy gal lately....

First off, Alicia came down from Chi-town for the weekend of July 22 for two concerts.  We had 6th row for our boys, Rascal Flatts, at Riverbend in Cinci...Justin Moore, Easton Corbin, and Sara Evans also were on the Flatts Fest tour!  Awesome show, but boy was it HOT!!!  And of course it was an outdoor concert, so there was no escaping the heat!  Thank goodness for the bottled water the venue provided.  I don't think I have ever been as sweaty as that night.  (I know, gross!) But it was an awesome show as usual and I'm looking forward to my 8th concert!!

Then on the Sunday we finally got to see New Kids On the Block in concert.  Alicia and I were both fans when we were kids.  (I was in the fourth grade when I discovered them!  LOL)  So when we heard they were touring with the Backstreet Boys, who we had already seen in Milwaukee a few years ago.  On Facebook, I also heard that Jordan Knight, my favorite New Kid, was doing a Meet and Greet at the Best Buy in Columbus so we both got to meet him and get an autograph as well!!  The concert literally was the best concert I have EVER been to!  Hopin' they go back on tour again next year!

I also had the wonderful enjoyment of turning the BIG 3-0 on August 6.  I just can't believe that I am 30!  It doesn't seem possible.  The Thursday before my birthday, Dad and Jean took John and I out to Red Lobster for dinner.  Then Friday was the start of the county fair so it was Fair Food time!  Yum!  Saturday, my birthday, I thought I was just going out to dinner with my in-laws and John, but I was wrong!  They took me to Der Dutchman and my whole family and John's was there to surprise me!  They got me!!  Then after spending the time with the family, the in-laws, my sis-in-law, John, and I went to La Palma for margaritas....and a sombrero too.  LOL  Then it was off to the pub for a little dancing and some beers.....What a night!!

And this past week was a LONG work week with the HOOT convention in Columbus!   I love the conventions because they are fast paced but we're always wiped out afterwards....

So now I think I'm all updated on the past month.  After I recover from the past week, I've got to start on more for Oktoberfest.  Lots of ideas of things to make to sell at that show!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment