Monday, February 4, 2013

Another mixed media board....


Hi again!  It's been really cold this weekend, so I have been able to stay in and craft!  I'm getting my fingers really inky!!!

This is another mixed media board done on 1/4" plywood.  I stained the plywood using Tea Dye Distress stain.  Then, using Mod Podge, I added a torn piece of Melange Tissue Wrap, leaving a few wrinkles to give the background a little more texture.  I'm becoming really fond of the tissue wrap because you are able to see color through the tissue.  Then, using a stencil, I embossed the bricks in the upper right side of the board.  Using a different stencil and Distress Ink, I stenciled a strip on the bottom right.  While the ink was drying, which isn't very long, I spritzed a doily with Meadow Color Wash and heat set it.  After the doily was dry, I adhered it to the board.

In the upper right corner, I used adhesive pearl strips in three lengths.  (These are the Kaisercraft champagne pearl strips.  You get like 200+ pearls in a pack.  Such a great deal!!)  The butterflies are Studio Calico wood veneer pieces.  They were stained using Metallic Brass and Fired Brick Distress Stain.  Then, more pearls were used to create the body of the butterflies.  A 7Gypsies ephemera card was distressed with an Edge Distresser and inked with Walnut Stain.

This wouldn't be one of my projects if it didn't have a little twine on it somewhere!!  So the ornate plate from Tim Holtz Idea-ology was tied to the board using the twine.  The stamped sentiment, stamped in Olive Archival Ink and inked with Antique Linen, is from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp set CMS100: Odds and Ends....


No comments:

Post a Comment