Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Mail and and the resulting tag...

Hi all!  It's FREEZING here in Ohio....brrr... It was 6 degrees this morning.....And we're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow this weekend.   At least I don't have to go anywhere...

I came home from work today to a happy package full of some new Distress Stain colors and masks. I was really looking forward to receiving the mask from Studio Calico.

I've been wanting this chevron mask ever since I saw it when it was released.  And then, one of my crafty buddies used it in an art journal and I was hooked!!

I used Peacock Feather Distress Stain to do the background of the tag, softening the color with some water.  Then, I took the Chevron Mask and inked over it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

The doily was colored with Picked Raspberry stain and dried with a heat gun.


I really love the color of the Picked Raspberry with the Peacock Feather!!!

Twine was then wrapped around the tag a few times and was threaded through the center of the doily, tying a bow after threaded.  A trinket pin was then glued on top of the bow.  (I realized after placing the pin that the bow/pin combination resembled a butterfly or dragonfly.  After inking an adage ticket and attaching it with pop dots and adding my favorite twine at the top, the tag is finished!!

Happy Crafting!!

--LouLou


No comments:

Post a Comment