Thursday, January 31, 2013

A wooden tag this time....

At my work, Cupboard Distributing, we specialize in wood pieces for crafting and painting.  Since I don't paint, I've always been trying to incorporate my paper crafting with the wood.  And when the Distress Stains came along, I had my answer.

This tag is fairly simple, but it demonstrates how easy and handy Distress Stains are.  This tag was coated with Dusty Concord stain.

It literally only took about a minute to cover this tag with the stain.  And after I had coated the tag, I wiped off the excess with a paper towel and dried it with my Heat It tool.  (Drying is necessary, especially if you have intentions of working with embossing powders.  If you do not dry after distress ink of any type before you use embossing powder, your powder may stick to any 'wet' surface.  So to prevent unwanted embossing, take a few minutes to dry the project.)

I heat embossed a stenciled image on top of the stained tag.  Adding some finishing touches of adhesive pearls, ribbon, and a philosophy tag for good measure.

The ribbon is the Idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon.  I colored the ribbon with purple ink spray and crumpled it before I dried it with the Heat It tool.  Make sure you use gloves when crumpling the freshly inked ribbon.  (I should have listened to my friend Sherrie as I have a purple left hand at the moment!  LOL)

The sentiment is another from one of my favorite Tim Holtz sets: CMS 132 Words for Thought.  It was stamped on some scrap manilla tag I had and inked with some Stormy Sky Distress Ink.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hopefully will have some more new projects this weekend!!  I have BIG plans for a piece of plywood!

See you soon!!


(PS  The wood tags are available for purchase from Cupboard Distributing at the following link: Wooden Tags)

No comments:

Post a Comment