Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Skeeters and fireworks...

We had our 2nd Annual Rooftop viewing of the Urbana fireworks last night and the Urbana mosquitoes had a feast on me....I am covered in mosquito bites....and they itch.....Oh well, I have always been a buffet for those darn bugs!

The Urbana fireworks were probably the best ever.  Our only complaint was that they didn't seem as high in the sky as they should be.  But we got some great pics of them from our rooftop.  We discovered that the ol' camera had a fireworks setting....It takes pretty good pictures as long as you have a steady hand, so hubby had to take the pictures.

These are probably the best photos we have ever had of fireworks!  Will make an AWESOME scrapbook page!!  (I haven't quite figured out how to get pictures to line up properly on here...)

I can't believe the three day weekend is over already!  I love my job, but I wish I had one more day off!!  It's always hard to go back to work after any extended time off..  At least it's only a 4 day work week.

Working on the finishing touches of my aunt's party.  It's Saturday and she still thinks it's a family reunion.  hehe...She's going to be so surprised!!  Just got to get the decorations, which are coming in the mail and pick up the cake Saturday and that's it!  With RSVPs and everything, we should have 25 people, which makes us not have to pay for the room!!  I tell you that lady is one hard person to shop for.  What do you get an 80 year old woman who has just about everything?  I emailed her friend and asked her for ideas and she had very few ideas except for some hand soap from Bath and Body Works that has been discontinued.  BUT I got on Ebay and found 6 bottles and I was reassured by the seller that it would be here in time for her party on Saturday...My poor brother is having the same problems trying to find her a gift as well.  We both hate buying gift cards for people so I don't know what he is going to do.

Well, I guess I have to get ready for work..  Ugh.....


 





No comments:

Post a Comment