Saturday, July 2, 2011

Yay! A three day weekend!!

I have needed a 3-day weekend for quite some time now.  It seems for the past 5 or 6 weeks, we've had so much to do on the weekend!  Working, weddings, parties, and cookouts....I guess summertime is here!!  This weekend we actually don't have anything we HAVE to do.  I think we're going to go to a cookout today and maybe play some cornhole, a summertime favorite in this household...We watched Red, White, and Boom, Columbus, Ohio's fireworks, on TV last night.  And on Monday, the 4th, we will be climbing out on our roof in the evening and watch Urbana's fireworks...  It's great that we live close to the airport so we don't have to deal with crowds!!  I LOVE fireworks and I love setting them off.  However, it's not so LEGAL here in Ohio so we can't do it....Big Bummer!!  :(

I'm completely thrilled that True Blood is back on for Season 4!  YES!!  Bill (swoon) and Sookie will get me through the summer!!  Not too sure about the introduction of witches into this season though...Starting to go along the same lines as another one of my favorite shows, The Vampire Diaries.  Vampires, werewolves, and witches...Oh My!!  ;)  I do love my vampire movies and shows though!  These shows help ease the pain of waiting for the next Twilight movie....And Breaking Dawn doesn't come out until November!  Eek!! 

The final Harry Potter comes out in less than 2 weeks!  I'm so sad and I told the hubby that I will probably cry at the end.  Having read the books, I know what happens, however, I have to keep it a secret from hubby as he refuses to read anything....I can't believe that the Harry Potter series is going to be over in a few weeks!!  I really hope J.K. Rowling changes her mind and continues the Harry Potter series.  I'd love to see the story continued past where it ends now....Well, I can always keep wishing!!  Maybe in 20 years she'll change her mind and write another book to give all us fans what we want!  I know I'm not the only one wishing for another novel in the series....

As for my card making adventure, I'm proud to say I'm not doing too bad.  I've got 45 cards finished and wrapped for sale!  Not too shabby, especially considering that I did the 45 in less than a week's time..  I haven't done any for a few days so I can give myself a break for a bit.  I'm still debating on how much to sell these cards for.  I was thinking $1.25 each as they are only note card size.  I did vary my designs so there are all pretty much unique and are for various occasions.  I know that before Oktoberfest I will need to make a ton of holiday cards as that is what people will be looking for.  I have some images already colored and ready for mounting.  I just need to get some A2 size card blanks to do so...I'm also using quite a lot of copic coloring on the images.  I just love how bright they are turning out!


bling, canvas: Kaisercraft, flowers: Prima, papers: Basicgrey

Worked on a little Kaisercraft wooden canvas last night.  It's almost done....I just need some letters to spell out the name of the subject....Yes, the subject is our cat, Kiara....Sigh....what do you take photos of when you don't have kids?  Hehe....Kiara looks a little spoiled in this picture....Her paws are stretched and she is perched on a pillow.  I'm going to add lettering above the swirl on the bottom left.  It'll probably say 'Kiara' or 'Kiki', which is her nickname...   
 
And just for giggles....Mr. Simba was trying to be in the picture of the above canvas.  Since switching my craft room downstairs, Simba has been a fixture on my craft table. 


Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!!  Off to get ready for a cookout and cornhole!!

No comments:

Post a Comment