Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas is over....time for New Year's...

Well, the hectic Christmas time is over and I believe I won't recover until next weekend...  Hubby and I visited both his and my families, spending Christmas morning with his family and Christmas afternoon with mine....I got to watch all the nephews and nieces open their presents...And I have to say that there is nothing better than seeing the 4 year old come down and look at what Santa left for him!! 

So we're closing out 2011 and entering into 2012....I usually have a hard time keeping resolutions....I did cut back on scrappy supply spending this year, which was one of my resolutions.  For 2012, hubby and I talked and decided to make a joint resolution....We're going to try a new recipe once a week....I think this came from my upgrade of cooking utensils this year.  After receiving new Paula Deen cookware and a Paula Deen knife set this year, I am going to put them to good use.  So every week, we are going to scour both cookbooks and the internet for a somewhat-easy recipe and make it together.  Not only will this prevent us from eating fast food one night a week, but we will also get to spend time together...

Another one of my resolutions is to scrapbook more.  I have tons of supplies and it never seems like I have time to do anything with them.  So I am setting a goal of at least one project a week.....whether it's a layout, card, or other project.  Maybe I will be able to get some crafty time in this weekend....

This weekend, I think hubby and I will go out for New Year's Eve....we usually stay in, but I think we're just going to go to the local American Legion, which is about a minute drive from our house.  We'll spend the night with the family at the Legion....

Look for more projects in the New Year!  I hope to get more followers (another one of my 2012 goals). 

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment