Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A new Christmas project...

Hubby's family agreed to make Christmas gifts this year and I have been struggling with what to make for everyone with the little time we have.  So I have been scouring the internet and magazines and found a few ideas....I stumbled upon another blog called  My Pink Mexico and found a tutorial on Glittered Christmas Ornaments

First of all, if you know me I love the look of glitter, but I hate messing with it.  I'm a Stickles gal....very little mess, no glittered critters, and easy clean-up.  So when I saw this tutorial, I first thought that it was going to be messy and I wouldn't want to fool with it.  I was way wrong!  The tutorial was easy to follow and the designer's instructions were phenomenal.  And the best thing about it is that it was fairly cheap!  All I needed were clear glass/plastic ornaments, glitter, and Pledge Floor Care!  The only expensive thing about this project was the glitter....I bought the whole Martha Stewart sample kit of 24 glitters....mainly because we live in the middle of nowhere and no one seemed to have glitter in colors....I just love the sparkle!!  Check them out!

On another note, our tree is up!  It finally feels like Christmas with the tree up.  It's a pre-lit color tree and I added a string of my favorite multi-function lights..My 10 year old strand of multi-function lights went to light strand heaven last year..I almost cried....But I found an LED strand at Wal-Mart this year and snatched them up!  Since I am a snowman nut, 98% of the ornaments on this tree are snowmen; the few exceptions being ornaments for the pups and cats....

Well, I'm off to bed...Nighty night...

1 comment: