Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve....

Well, all the presents are wrapped, the food is made (just needs to be baked), and I can relax...phew....We kind of procrastinated....getting all the gifts way late and not wrapping until last night... We definitely pulled a late-nighter getting them all finished up at 2am....(yawn)

This year, hubby's family is making gifts for everyone....so I made everyone some glittered ornaments as shown in a previous post here: Glittered Ornaments.  I was also looking for another project and came across an idea in the November/December 2011 of Paper Crafts....On the cover they had a mason jar candle holder.  Using that basic set up, I tweaked it a little.

Starting with a mason jar, I found a votive holder that would sit in the mouth of the jar.  Then, I made bands to wrap around the jar out of paper.  I cut a vintage Christmas greeting out of Graphic 45 paper.   I finished the jar up by wrapping twine around the lip, tying a bow, and adhering a poinsettia on top of the bow.  I made 4 of these and filled them with different treats for the family....




 Supplies used:
  • mason jars
  • votive holder
  • super tape
  • glue dots
  • May Arts Twine
  • Martha Stewart Punch: Infinite Double Loops
  • gold metallic cardstock
  • Graphic 45 Christmas Past Collection
  • Petaloo Red Velvet Poinsettias
Thanks for looking!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment