Monday, December 5, 2011

A Christmas Tag...

I found this oldie, but goodie and realized I hadn't posted this one yet.  This is one of my all-time favorites.

Using a #8 mailing tag, the background was created using Barn Door, Peeled Paint, and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.  I quickly heat set it with a heat gun.  Then, I took one of the Tim Holtz 'Bitty Grunge' stamps and using black archival ink, stamped across the bottom of the tag, creating a grass-like effect.  Using the pine bough stamp from the Tim Holtz 'Retro Holiday' and both sepia archival ink and Pine Needles Distress Ink, ink the stamp.  The image was stamped a few times toward the top of the tag, reinking between each stamp.  Then, because Distress Ink can act as an embossing ink, I added Pine Needles Distress embossing powder onto the image.  The powder will only stick to the Distress Ink.  Heat the embossing powder to set.  I then took a piece of harlequin grungeboard and die-cut the Sizzix Alterations Reindeer Flight.  Then, I inked the reindeer with Walnut Stain and immediately embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used black Enamel Accents for the eyes and Christmas Red Stickles for Rudolph's nose.  For the tag in the bottom left-hand corner, I took a Fragment and adhered a piece of Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper Stash to the back using Glossing Accents.  Then, all the pieces were adhered to the tag.  The tag was finished off with some fibers as an accent at the top.

Supplies Used:
  • #8 Mailing tag
  • Distress Inks: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles
  • Archival Inks: Jet Black, Sepia
  • Sizzix Alterations Reindeer Flight
  • Grungeboard: Harlequin
  • Glossy Accents
  • Enamel Accents: Black
  • Stickles: Christmas Red
  • Distress Embossing Powders: Pine Needles
  • Foam Applicator
  • Seasonal Paper Stash
  • Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection: Retro Holiday and Bitty Grunge
  • fibers
Thanks for stopping!

1 comment: