Both have backgrounds created with my favorite Distress Inks.
The tag on the left was first embossed with the Tall Pines Texture Fade. I created the background using various Distress Inks, going lightly over the trees. Then, using a marker nib, I colored the embossed trees using Forest Moss and Brushed Corduroy. Then, I created a stamped tree using Forest Moss and a pine bough stamp. Spray entire tag with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls mist. I finished with a wooden button and some hemp twine.
The tag on the right was inked with Distress Inks and a snowflake was stamped on the background using Chipped Sapphire. Then, a piece of dotted grungeboard was die cut with the Winter Wonder die, making sure to have two snowflakes. The snowman was then painted with Adirondack Paint Dabbers in white and black. His arms were inked with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. The snowman's eyes were made with black enamel accents and his nose, with Spiced Marmalade Distress Stickles. Out of grungepaper, I die cut a fence from the On the Fence die and painted it with Weathered Wood Crackle paint. When using Crackle Paint, I made sure to paint a layer about as thick as peanut butter on there. It takes a bit to dry, but once it starts cracking, you can slowly heat it to speed it up. Then, out of the Seasonal Paper Stash, I cut out a little sign and made a post out of scrap grungepaper, inking it with Walnut Stain to color it. The snowflakes were painted white and then coated with a thin layer of Rock Candy Distress Stickles. Distress Stickles can be dried with a heat gun, unlike all other Stickles.. :) After all the pieces are dry, assemble tag, adhering pieces with glossy accents.
Hope you enjoy these tags! I'm off to work on some Design Team submissions! Thanks for looking!!
Tag #1 (left)
- Sizzix Alterations Pine Trees
- Distress Inks: Stormy Sky, Wild Honey, Bundled Sage (bkgd); Forest Moss, Brushed Corduroy
- Perfect Pearls Mist: Heirloom Gold
- hemp twine
- wooden button
- marker nib
- Pine Bough Stamp from Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous CMS066
- Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone (bkgd); Brushed Corduroy (arms); Chipped Sapphire (snowflakes)
- Enamel Accents: black
- Distress Stickles: Rock Candy, Spiced Marmalade
- Distress Crackle Paint: Weathered Wood
- Adirondack Paint Dabbers: white, black
- Sizzix Alterations: Winter Wonder
- Grunge Snowflakes Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous CMS098